OATHALL VETERINARY GROUP LTD 

30 Oathall Road

Haywards Heath 

West Sussex

RH16 3EQ

01444 440224

enquiries@oathall-vets.co.uk 

 

Emergencies for our registered Clients : 

24-hours

 

Mon - Fri: 08:00 – 19:00
Sat: 08:30 – 13:00

 

VAT Reg. No. 760 1736 42

A little history of Oathall

Oathall Veterinary Group was originally established in 1904 by Henry Taylor MRCVS (1870-1954).  Mr Taylor graduated from the New Veterinary College, Edinburgh in 1899.  He based his practice first at Sunnyside, Haywards Heath and then at Ormerod House, also in Haywards Heath.  Kenneth Stuart, Henry’s son in law, took over at the Oathall Road premises in 1940, and ran the practice as a large animal only practice. In 1976, Mr Stuarts son Anthony Stuart took over the practice,  companion animals became more popular and the farm side dwindled.

In 2000 Mr Tony Stuart sold the building and the small animal practice to the four veterinary surgeons working for him at the time:

  • Mr Graham DeBaerdemaecker BVSc., MRCVS
  • Miss BAC Van-Duyn B.Vet.Med., MRCVS
  • Mrs J Mansfield B.Vet.Med., MRCVS
  • Mrs S Clark B.Vet.Med., MRCVS

The surgery was re-named ‘Oathall Veterinary Group’. The farm side continued in a much smaller way, run by Mr Stuart MRCVS and Mr Drake MRCVS, both of whom retired in 2003

Today, our partners are joined by assisting veterinary surgeons, and a team of nurses, receptionist and clinical staff and the practice is as you know it today.   The building still retains many features including the beautiful stained glass entrance door