Welcome to Oathall Veterinary Group!

We are an established veterinary practice covering Haywards HeathBurgess Hill and surrounding areas of Mid Sussex. Our philosophy is to provide the most effective care available. Our state-of-the-art medical equipment further aids our capabilities; as does the many years of practical experience, and knowledge, of our staff.

Our compassionate veterinary team endeavour to provide a flawless, caring service to all our clients and their furry friends: supplying both preventative and supportive care within the practice.

We treat all animals except equine and farm animals. We may refer birds and reptiles to a local specialist if we feel it is necessary. We aim to deliver an efficient, effective and convenient service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Our website will give you an insight into the services and facilities we provide at Oathall Veterinary Group, as well as giving you sound advice on the care of your pets. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns regarding your pet’s immediate health.

24hr Emergency Service

Unlike most other practices in the area, Oathall Vets proudly offers a 24 hour emergency service on site at our Haywards Heath premises where your animal will be seen by one of our own Vets.

Get advice with our online Symptom Guide

Copyright © VetHelpDirect


Due to the unprecedented demand for our services we are currently unable to register any new clients. We need to prioritise our workload to accommodate our existing clients. Once we open our books for new registrations we will update this page accordingly.

Thank you for your understanding.



From Monday 4th October 2021 we will be asking clients if they would like to come into the consulting room with their pet. Anyone who would like to come into the practice will need to wear a mask and can only allow one client at a time into the consulting room. Please advise the vet of your wishes when they come to your vehicle.

If you would prefer to remain in the car park we are happy to continue with that way of consulting for you.

We appreciate the continued patience and understanding of our clients coping with the adaptations we have had to put in place during the current COVID19 Pandemic, and the different way we are having to run the practice.

We will not be opening our waiting room to clients just yet, please continue to use the two windows by the marquee.

We will continue to adapt our COVID measures over the coming months. We will continue with a cautious approach in order to keep our team safe so that we can continue to keep the practice open.


a) Please let reception know you are here by checking in at the window (straight ahead as you enter the marquee) leave your animal in your vehicle whilst you do this.

b) Make note of your car park bay number in order for the vets to find you. The Vet will come to your vehicle to collect you and your pet.


a) From the car park make your way to the right hand side of the building where the marquee is.

b) There is a  window open where a receptionist will serve you (on the left hand side as you face the marquee)

c) Please ring the bell for attention.

Please note we prefer not to take cash at this time. We take con-tactless card payments up to £45, alternatively we accept BACS payments, details on the bottom of invoices.

Please continue to show your kindness and understanding towards our team members during these difficult times. We are working hard to ensure the best practice can be provided to animals in their time of need.


Pet travel to Europe from 1 January 2021

The UK has agreed a deal with the EU. This page tells you the new rules from 1
January 2021.
Use the Brexit checker to get a personalised list of actions and sign up for email
How to prepare for travel with your pet to any EU country and Northern Ireland
from 1 January 2021.
A current EU pet passport issued in GB will not be valid for travel to the EU
or NI from 1 January 2021.

Before your dog, cat or ferret can travel to the EU or NI for the first time after 1
January 2021, you’ll need to take the following steps. These steps are similar to the
current process for taking your pet to the EU, but you’ll need an animal health
certificate (AHC) instead of a pet passport.

1. You must have your dog, cat or ferret microchipped.
2. Vaccinate your dog, cat or ferret against rabies – your pet must be at least
12 weeks old before it can be vaccinated.
3. Wait 21 days after the primary vaccination before travel.
4. Visit your vet to get an AHC for your pet, no more than 10 days before
travel to the EU.

Find out more about rabies vaccination boosters and blood tests.
As long as you keep your pet’s rabies vaccinations up to date, you will not need to
get repeat vaccinations for repeat trips to the EU or NI.
You must also take your pet to your vet no more than 10 days before travel to get
an AHC. The AHC needs to be signed by an official vet. Check with your vet that
they can issue AHCs for pets.

You must take proof of:
 your pet’s microchipping date
 your pet’s vaccination history
Your pet’s AHC will be valid for:
 10 days after the date of issue for entry into the EU or NI
 onward travel within the EU or NI for 4 months after the date of issue
 re-entry to GB for 4 months after the date of issueReturning to Great Britain
There will be no change to the current health preparations for pets entering GB from
1 January 2021.

Your pet must have one of the following documents when returning to GB from the
 an EU pet passport (issued in the EU, or in GB before 1 January 2021), or
a pet passport from a Part 1 listed third country
 the AHC issued in GB used to travel to the EU – which you can use up to 4
months after it was issued
 a GB pet health certificate (for travel into GB only)
Pet travel helpline
Contact the pet travel helpline if you need more help:
Email: pettravel@apha.gov.uk
Telephone: 0370 241 1710 Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm (closed on bank

If you’re travelling to a non-EU country

If you’re travelling to a non-EU country, you’ll need to get an export health
certificate (EHC). You’ll also need to complete an export application form (EXA) if
you’re in England, Scotland or Wales.
If there’s not a EHC available, check if the country you’re travelling to accepts a valid
pet passport.
The export health certificate and the export application form for each country and pet
will tell you how to apply.
An EHC checks that your pet meets the health requirements of the country you’re
travelling to.
You must nominate a qualified official veterinarian (OV) who will be sent the EHC.
They’ll check your pet has met the correct health and identification requirements
before you travel.Check the rules of the country you’re travelling to for any additional restrictions or
requirements before you travel.

Contact APHA if you need more information about pet travel to a non-EU country.
Animal and Plant Health Agency
Telephone: 03000 200 301
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm

Scroll to top